Thursday, August 12, 2004

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.


I was on my way home from a 'friends' house the other night and stopped into work to change the password on my computer since it was about to expire. Someone commented on my wet hair and I told them I had just gotten out of a hot tub.

They gave me this look. "Who's hot tub?"

"Wouldn't you like to know."
Again, an incredulous look.

Ok, just because I don't broadcast my sex life, doesn't mean I don't have one. Or several for that matter. I live alone, but I am by no means lonely. I don't date in the sense that I go out to dinner or the movies. I am more of a booty call kinda gal, only I make the call. I have a few 'friends' that I 'visit'. We have fun, we part, simple. Un-complicated.

Once you broadcast it people start in, "Oh, who is he? When can we meet him? What's he like?" Like? I don't know, do you really want the gory details. I don't know what the hell they are like, decent guys I guess. I don't have any deep philosophical conversations with them.

At this point in my life, sex is just sex. When you are young, sex is a part of getting involved with a person. It leads to living together, possible marriage. If your lucky the sex is still good, but most times it is just something to do. It becomes a treat, like watching a good movie or eating out. (no pun intended) I don't feel like going through all the soap opera shit, with having the boyfriend meet the son, having that boyfriend end up being an asshole and starting the whole process over again. It's brain dead, and pointless.

I have done my time, lived with someone for years. Right now sex isn't something I expect once or twice a week, or something I wish would lead to something else, its just sex.

Great sex, mind you. But just sex.

No comments: