Thursday, May 8, 2003


A Big ol� ray of sunshine.

�Thank you for calling the Undisclosed Customer Service Center�, my name is Evel, could I have your name please?�

�Dave�

�How can I help you, Dave?�

�I can�t get my fuckin computer to work.�

�Ok, Dave, as a customer service representative�.blah blah blah�
(I am paraphrasing, but you get that don�t you, blah blah blah is frowned upon at the Undisclosed Customer Service Center�)

A couple of questions later we determine:

A) It�s a clone - built this puppy with his own two hands.
B) He�s running software version 3.1 - obsolete, it was released in April of �92
C) He has an OEM version - supported by manufacturer, which in this case would be him.

I explain the above to him.

�The only option I have for you today would be our self help website��

�I want to talk to a person, I don�t want the fuckin� website.�

�Well Dave, the software you are running is considered obsolete and no longer supported by the Undisclosed Customer Service Center�. If you would like to try�.�

�Your just trying to get me to pay some fuckin� charge, its all a money grab for your guys.�

�Actually, Dave, no I couldn�t take your money because, as I said, your product is obsolete and no longer supported by the Undisclosed Customer Service Center�. There is no one here trained on that software.�

�Are you telling me that I paid hundreds of dollars for this software and I can�t get any support?�
(ya, like he paid hundreds of dollars 10 years ago, he probably got it last week at a yard sale.)

�Well, sir if you check our website it does state that software has a lifecycle. And it clearly states that software has mainstream support for up to 5 years and online support for 8, the software you are running is over 10 years old."

�What about the hundreds of people out there that are forced to use your software only to be abandoned by you after a few years?�

�Sir, are you saying that I should still have warranty on my �57 Chevy?�


CLICK.

God, I love this job.

No comments: