Monday, April 30, 2007

Long past time for me to deal with the FCS.

I am writing this on Sunday but since Sunday is reserved for You Are Here, I will post this on Monday.

As some of you may know, I have been not feeling myself lately. I went to the doctor after my Emergency Room experience and she put me on blood pressure and cholesterol meds. We also discussed lifestyle change. I say lifestyle change because if you have ever been on one, diets do not work long term. I already knew what was wrong with me. I am old, fat, I don't move and I don't eat anything that doesn't come out of a box. Fat Chick Syndrome.

I wanted to join Weight Watchers, I thought it was really the only way to lose and keep off weight. Not because I think their programs and meal plans are so great, it is all about that lady at the end of the week. You know the one, she watches as you step on the scales and gives you that little disappointed look if you haven't lost any weight. She is your will power.

But, alas, I am way too cheap for that and WW requires a lifetime commitment. Seriously, I have been a member before and did great on it, no problems, but then I got cocky and figured I didn't need that Lady Willpower, but I did. The mere thought of her kept me from consuming that entire pizza. A month after I cut her loose, I had those 20 pounds back on. I kid you not.

My doctor told me not to go bananas. She said for me to try and eat better, move a little more and take off 10 or 15 pounds. Pretty realistic goal, right? Although, at this point, I could lose the equivalent of another person and still not be skinny but she made a great point. You don't have to be Twiggy to be healthy. She said I don't have to go to the gym for an hour every day and eat celery 24/7. Little things, over time will make a huge difference. I agree.

So, starting Monday I will begin to change the little things that I can. I will look for an exercise bike. (This is the one I am considering.) I can't do anything cardio because of my heart and it has to be no impact because of the complete lack of arches in my feet. She also suggested weight training because you can't lose weight unless you convert it into muscle.

I will not buy the boxed dinners and I will try and cook shit. You heard me. I am pretty sure I can do it, although I have never really tried. Pray for The Boy.

I will figure out some way to get myself weighed. I don't own a scale. Maybe the one out on the highway?..ok, not that fat.

Here's the deal. Since I am too cheap to pay for the Willpower Lady at WW, you will be that lady for me. The unseen masses that read this blog. (ya, both of you)

I will broadcast my weight, exercise and eating habits right here for all to see. Won't that be fun? No, it will not be every freaking day, so relax. I may put up another page, for the day to day crap just so I can keep track but I will update my progress weekly. It will not just be about the weight, I also have high cholesterol, high blood pressure and I smoke. Honestly, I think I will leave the whole smoking thing alone till I get the rest of the health shit underway. Otherwise, it may not be safe for the general public.

I think I will do it on Hump Day...just because since I gained all this weight, along with the double triple chins, I have developed a hump (you fat chicks in the audience will know what I am talking about) so it is only fitting. I will think of a catchier title hopefully before Wednesday, if you have any suggestions, chime in.

Hey, maybe I will get fit enough so I can start playing tennis again. I used to love it, and for some reason it didn't feel like exercise to me, (well not until the next day suffering with the joint pain) I enjoyed it that much.


Today I took the first step....I purchase decaffeinated coffee. I will let you know how that turns out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well since you have been using FCS all along - you might as well keep the name, lol. Good luck :)