Sunday, July 4, 2004

Stickin' to my guns.


Been trying to deal with 'the boy' a little differently. In the last few months he has been absolutely impossible to live with. I 'get' that he doesn't want to do housework, but does he have to go out of his way to make it worse? All he does is put his hand out for money, and bitch if I don't have any to give him. Meanwhile, the dishes are piled up in the sink and the garbage has not been taken out.

So I sat him down. I told him that I would no longer finance his activities unless he started to participate in this life with me. I told him that I love him, but the last couple months I haven't liked him very much. I work 10 hour days, and all I ever get out of it is coffee and cigarettes. I refuse to continue this way.

That means, no movies, no internet, no skateboards, no allowance till he starts pitching in. So far I have gotten nothing from him, but soon, he will become bored. I think maybe he is under the impression that I cannot control what he does when I am gone. But I have a padlock on my bedroom door, once I lock it, there is no way for him to access the internet till I come home.

I know what you are thinking, I will probably cave. But not this time, life is too short to be fuckin' around with it. I am not going to be miserable, if I can help it.

No comments: