Sunday, May 9, 2004

Single Mother's Day.


What did I get for mother's day, you might ask. A big fat goose egg.

Let me tell you about Single Mother's Day. You are pretty much screwed.

When the boy was small, my sister used to give me Mother's Day cards from him. When he started school till about 5th grade he made one in school. Up to that point it was pretty much out of his hands.

Now he is 13. Old enough you say to hit his father up for some cash for his dear old mom? Fat chance.

You know what I got for Mother's Day? Rudely awakened, that's what! He came into my room and parked himself in front of my computer and blared Survivor till I cracked!

He didn't even say Happy Mother's day till he heard someone else say it to me. Tell me, at what point can I expect to get a little recognition from this ingrate? When he is forty, maybe?

I tell you one thing, if I so much as hear the word Father's Day comming from his lips, I will burry him in the back yard.

And I mean it this time.

Happy Single Mother's Day!

No comments: