Tuesday, February 20, 2007

I get no respect.


This is what I bought the Boy for his birthday. It was what he really wanted. For those of you not in the know, this is a Dunlop CryBaby pedal. Also known as a Wha Wha pedal, as that is the sound it makes. It cost me the better part of 200 bucks. And he got it early, cuz he just had to have it.

Thanks Mom. That's it.

The Boy's Father, on the other hand, dragged his feet for a week after the Boy's birthday cuz, you know, the date snuck up on him. Not like he was fucking there or anything. Someone should have reminded him of his first-born's date of birth. I call and leave a message for him, maybe he has no idea what to buy him. I let him know that the Boy's monitor died, a new one would come in pretty handy.

THE BOY: "Mom, he just hasn't gotten paid yet. Give him a break." Bare in mind that TBF makes 4 times as much money as me.

Maybe he is planning something big? The Boy turns 16 after all. And TBF has 3 cars. See where my mind was going with that? I don't know, I must have had an aneurysm or something. TBF does not have a thoughtful bone in his body. The boy informs me that his father is looking at getting him a new monitor and a cell phone on his plan. (The boy already has a cell, but whatever, its his money.)

Anyway, a week late he picks up the Boy he says he is going to the city to shop. He apparently finally got paid. Later the boy comes home holding a mega-pack of socks. Ya, that is not a typo.

I give him the 'what the fuck' face. "Is that it?"

"No."

"Well thank God."


He reaches into his pocket and triumphantly holds up....a hundred bucks.

"Are you fucking kidding me? You couldn't find anything when you were shopping?"

"I didn't go. I was babysitting my brother."


I don't remember much of the conversation from there. You see, I lost my mind at that point since the Boy continued to defend him. Something he would never do for me.

The Boy, his Boy, his first born turns 16 and he gets a lousy 100 bucks and 6 pairs of socks from a man driving a 70,000 dollar truck (one of three vehicles he owns) with GPS and satellite radio. The man owns a steel fabrication shop, he builds bridges for fuck sakes. And he has the nerve to make his son babysit while he goes off and DOES NOT shop for him.

I know what you are thinking and I can't believe I slept with him either.

4 comments:

Mother of Chaos said...

ARGH!!!! Four times the income, less than a quarter the brains. Although, it sounds like he's spending it way faster than he's earning it - for heaven's sake, even I could come up with a hundred bucks between paychecks, and I'm hardly Rock-a-Fellah over here.

How frustrating. Although, The Boy sounds like a kid after my own heart. Hey, cool, yeah, whateve- HEY! IS THAT CASH?!?!

Radmila said...

Yeah.
He's 16, I defended my loser of a father when I was 16 too.
It takes a long time to come to terms with the wrongs of a shitty parent.
Always giving them the benefit of the doubt, until it runs out.

He's still young...it'll come. Just let TBF continue on this kind of route, and it'll hit the boy enventually...if it hasn't already.

My niece was once invited to her bio dads house for the birthday party of his new one year old daughter. Big fete. Nothing for me to get my knickers in a knot over...IF HE HAD EVER FUCKING ACKNOWLEDGED HER BIRTHDAY...JUST ONCE...but she had to go over there and watch this big party for a kid too young to even know what was going on...but then, it was better than last years birthday...when he asked her to meet her in the mall so that he could take her "shopping", but then stood her up, and didn't answer his cellphone as she called and called him.
4 hours later, she called my brother in law (her stepdad) to come and pick her up.
We had to talk him out of going over there and beating the shit out of him...even though I offered to bail him out of jail if he did it, my sister-in-law talked him out of it.
Damn.
'cause I gotta be honest with you...he really could have used a good ass kickin'.
Fucking bastard.

Anonymous said...

some men suck

Knock knock - it's cancer! said...

What the hell happens to men when we divorce them? Do they become this way because we are no longer there? Or were they like this always, and for one reason or another we just never knew it?

My kids dad is way better now, but when we first got divorced, for about 2 years, he still didn't keep any of their clothes/things at his house for when they went there. I'd have to pack them little "suitcases" to stay over. Then, they'd bring the dirty clothes back, after the 4 days with him, and I'd be stuck with the laundry. Finally one day, my friend said "enough!" and would not allow me to do it anymore. He complained about having to spend "all this money" to buy them clothes for his place.

Did I mention he's gainfully employed by the federal gov't and has been for years? He makes 3 times what I make.