Monday, April 17, 2006

Hello? Is this thing on?


The boy's father (TB'sF)called me Wednesday as I was pulling into the school to pick up the boy.

"Hello?" Nothing.

"Ya, what size are the boys feet?" No, hello, no nothing, just straight to the feet.

"Um... if this is some sort of pedophile with a foot fetish I'm gonna have to hang up."

"Funny, what size are the boys feet?"
He is getting irritated and I am enjoying it.

"Oh, TB'sF. Hi and how are you?"

"Are you going to tell me what size boys feet are?"

"I am fine thanks for asking.....and I don't know. Why don't you wait the three minutes it takes for the boy to get out of school and ask him yourself?"

"Call me back."

It is always fun chatting with the boy's father, he starts conversations with stuff like "Ya, you should feed the boy carrots." No explanation or hello, just "The boy should brush his teeth at night?" The boy was twelve by the time TB'sF came up with that little pearl of wisdom.

It takes a second for you to realize it is TB'sF, but then you think no one else is retarded enough to start a conversation that way.

Anyway, the boy gets in the car and I hand him the phone. "Guess your getting sneakers for Easter. Surprise!"

This is the boys entire side of the conversation:
"Hey."

"Eight."

"K"

He gets that from his fathers side of the family.

We are half way home and he says, "Hope he doesn't get me the same ones he got me last year, they sucked."

"Did you tell him you didn't like those ones?"

"No."
Of course not, that would make sense.

"Then your getting the same ones."

"Aw man."

"Well why didn't you tell him you didn't like the last ones?"

"I can't tell Dad when I don't like things."

"Really, you have no problem turning your nose up at anything I buy you."


Then he looks at me, all serious like, "But Mom, you and I have a different sort of relationship."

"Ya, I spend all my money on you and you shit on me. Works out great."


He'll be sorry when I am dead.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

and they say Men don't communicate!

Anonymous said...

LMFAO typical of most men