Sunday, April 2, 2006

100% profit.


Just a little back story. About a year ago my brother's stepson, Bryan,(12) (who lives with him) expressed an interest in learning the guitar. The boy has two electric guitars so I suggested that he borrow one to see if he liked it. Long story short, he didn't do much with it, but my brother's other son, Dylan,(8)(who does not live with him) did. So, off it goes to Dylan's house and he proceeds to take lessons, the whole nine yards.

After a while I hear Dylan is doing very well. I ask if the volume drives my brother crazy. He says why would it, it's an acoustic guitar. WTF? Ok then, where is the boys guitar? Oh, he doesn't use it.

So the boy hears this and immediately wants it back. No problem, my brother will retrieve it. You know men, he forgets every single time he goes to pick up Dylan to ask for the guitar. I figure, never ask a man to do any job you want done right. I put my sister-in-law on it.

Now we are up to present day. My sister has arrived home from India, I call over to see how she is doing and to arrange to meet up tomorrow. My brother is there.

"Tell her I have something to tell her, I just don't know how."

"What the hell does that mean, put him on."

"Hey Sis, remember your favorite nephew?"
I have seven nephews.

"Is this a trick? Ok, I pick Dylan."

"It's about the guitar."
He is laughing.

"Great he has pulled a Townsend and broken it?"

"Worse."
What could be worse?

"Just tell me!"

"He sold it."
He is hysterical now. I start to laugh and the boy is not impressed with what he is hearing on my side of the conversation. It is a very expensive guitar.

"What? You can get it back though."

"Ya, you should have seen his face when I asked him for it. He told me he sold to Haley for twenty bucks."

"He is his father's son."
My brother is the baby, the spoiled one.

"He said he can't get it back cuz he already spent the money." We are both in tears, laughing.

That boy is going to be one heck of an entrepreneur, or the head of a really lucrative pyramid scam one day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL..

That is toooo funny. I can't beleive what kids do.. mine included.

Hope you get it back!