Wednesday, March 17, 2004

Happy St. Patrick's Day!




Almost pissed myself last night at the Undisclosed Customer Service Center� got a guy on the phone calling all over hell and creation trying to activate his software.

I ask a few probing questions, like, "Is the computer asking for activation?"

"No, but my buddy told me it had to be activated."


After 15 min or so I come to find out that he has ancient software, it works fine for what he is doing, no internet.

"Sir, you do not have to activate that software." he went silent, I didn't know what else to tell him. If it ain't broke, I can't fix it.

"Are you trying to tell me that I wasted the last 3 hours calling everyone trying to get help with this and you are REFUSING TO HELP ME?" He was actually pissed off! I was trying so hard not to laugh.

"I can't help you, there is nothing wrong with your software. You might want to take it up with your buddy for giving you wrong information." He was ranting that he wanted to speak to a supervisor. What for?

I should have told him that before we could go any further I would have to ask him to please put on the tinfoil hat. I just hooked him. I doubt he will call back, I think he was more pissed off once he realized he had just wasted his time and money trying to get help on a problem that didn't exist.

Oh well, he was good for a laugh.

Anyway, have a good one . And may you be half an hour in heaven before the devil knows your dead.

No comments: