Sunday, September 10, 2006

Shall we dance?


Was roaming around over the weekend and came across a news item on ChaCha.

Not the dance. It's a new search engine that launched on Monday. Here is the kicker, you are not alone. You can have someone help you search for free.

I have run across these types of sites before. But you usually have to pay to have someone 'research' your issue. Fuck that!

This is great for people who are not familiar with searching the internet, it can be exasperating at times when you don't know how or what to search for to find exactly what you need.

Well, you just type in your search and click on Guided help. A chat window pops up and someone is there to help you find exactly what you are looking for. Within minutes you are done.

I was so impressed I signed up to be a guide. I wanted to see what it was like from both sides of the search. It is dead simple to do and (drum roll please) they will pay you to be a guide.

It is free to join, and after a little over 20 min I had made $5. And that included the time it took to go through the training and take search requests from trainers. I think in total I helped 3 'actual' people find what they were looking for.

In comparison, the stupid AdBrite thing on my page has generated (in the month that it has been up) exactly ten cents. That is so coming down.

So if anyone wants to join me, and make a little extra cash, email me and I will send you an invite.

You really have nothing to lose, just remember, Google had to start somewhere.

No comments: