Thursday, September 7, 2006

Brief interlude with the Politically Incorrect Sisters.


My mother had to be taken into the emergency room the other night. Her sister, of course, came to see her. (she is fine by the way)

My mother starts, loudly. Remember that Trin has just the one good ear.

"Trin, you know my doctor is a woman?" (She is still impressed that we are allowed to vote.)

"I think she is Arab or something, she has this thing, (she makes a circular motion with her hand around her head) this...this... contraption on her head."

"A turban?" She proceeds to make a similar (but not the same) circular hand motion.

"No, no, no! Not like that."

They are synchronized now, mimicking each other's motions. Apparently the only way they can complete a thought together is if they both do the hand gestures.


"No, like a nun, only she has a bunch of kids." She makes a face, like, 'what is THAT about'?

This baffles Trin, so while they are distracted I seize the opportunity to make my escape.

They are still trying to work it out as I disappear around the corner.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hehehe