Thursday, September 7, 2006

It's not what you know, but who you blow.


I tried to corner the Big Giant Head this week, but he eluded me. So I figured, I will give him the benefit of the doubt, wait for the internal memo congratulating the new TM. Usually it will list the persons credentials and welcome him.

As I read the memo I could not believe it. They come right out and say, 'most recently from the XP training class'. They tactfully leave out the fact that it is a new hire training class.

Ok, but he was with the company before, he must have some tenure with another site? Nope. Literally 2 weeks off the street. And we are told we can't even apply for a different project until we are past the 90 day probationary period. Apparently this does not apply here.

So I guess we aren't even pretending that the process is fair anymore.

Here is something to ponder. Most of the MO's in the building are under 5 feet tall. There is like one that I know of that is normal to tall. The new TM is slightly over 4 feet tall. Coincidence?

I wonder if they sang the song for him when he was hired?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i had anticipated some crooked lies but the blatant truth is worse! so now we know, tenure doesn't seem to count for shit anymore...