Saturday, August 5, 2006

INTRUDER ALERT!


In the middle of the night I am awakened by the sounds of muffled voices. Groggy, I listen intently.

Perhaps it is the neighbors downstairs? No, it's closer than that.

Is it the boy? No, he is at his fathers.

Did I lock the door?

Holy Shit! It is coming from inside my apartment! I snap awake and reach for the antique ice pick I have by my bed. (Don't ask, but tonight I could justify it)

My heart is beating loudly as I grip the only weapon I have and decide I could totally gut whoever I find in my fuckin' apartment.

I creep out to the living room, my heart in my throat, a mixture of fear and rage. I turn the corner, empty. Should I make some noise? Give the idiot a chance to flee before I am upon him, running him through with an 8 inch ice pick?

I am already running the conversation with the police through my head wondering how long all that shit would take before I could get back to sleep. (Hey, I have to work tomorrow.)

As I am slowly entering the kitchen, letting my eyes adjust to the darkness, my heart stops ... there it is again!

I am consumed with a rush of both relief and embarrassment.

It was my stomach growling.

Let this be a lesson, Kids. Never down a can of Pepsi before bed. You could give yourself a heart attack or impale an unsuspecting loved one.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

HAHAHA!!

Anonymous said...

was there liquor in that there pepsi? bwahaha mine doesn't do that, hmmmm lol

maybetomorrow said...

Just came across your blog and am lovin' your posts - too funny