Thursday, July 7, 2005

More delays.


Well the jigsaw had no blade. So I had to call my cousin, Sonny. All he had was a skilsaw.



He said he would come over and saw the legs for me. Great, cuz I won't deal with anything that can cut my leg off. A flesh wound is fine but I draw the line at amputation.

So, Sonny comes by, power tools and daughter in tow. The princess and I stand back, cuz he is already down one finger and that does not inspire confidence. Once he is finished he asks if I want him to put the legs on for me.

"Ah, no. I can handle it." It's a table, not the space shuttle.

Then the princess pipes up, she is all of 5 I think, "Don't you want my daddy to make the legs for you?"

I kneel down in front of her, like I am about to prevail upon her the wisdom of the ages, "No, sweety, women don't need men to build anything, they just need their power tools." In more ways than one.

As they were leaving I thanked Sonny. "No problem" he said.

And the princess, all sweetness and light says, "Daddy, why did you say 'no problem'?"

"Oh, was he complaining the whole way over?" I ask.

"Oh Yeah."

Never trust a kid to keep a secret.

Anyway, I got one leg on the table before I had to go to work, and then it rained cats and dogs, so I won't finish until tomorrow. Pictures to follow.

No comments: