Tuesday, July 5, 2005

I am woman, hear me roar!


Been busy these last few days, I am building a table for my deck.

Yes, I said building a table. With my own two little perfectly manicured hands.

So far I have just cut and laid out most of the wood, but the hand saw I have is warped. So, I am just waiting for my brother to arrive with the new saw and a power tool I need (a power driver).

A couple of people offered to do it for me, but you know men, the offer then make you wait till winter. By winter I will not need a table for my deck. So, I lugged the wood up the stairs and started on my own. Mind you, it will never make it into the Bob Vila Hall of Fame, but it will serve my purpose.

I will post pictures when it is done.

And another thing...


Building has been slowed due to the fact that my son and I had a bit of a corn boil today. I am suffering a bit.

I have come to the conclusion that you never really buy corn you just rent it. There can't be any nutritional value in corn, since it exits in the exact condition as it entered.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LMAO

Unknown said...

wantto know something really gross about corn? when you see corn in your *&%$ it's really just the outer shell of the corn filled with poop so it looks like there is still corn inside. Sames happens to grapes eaten by toddlers.
I told this to my mum's girlfriend recently hoping to gross her out (she's only a few years older than me) and she put her head on one side and said "yeah, I always wondred that coz I make sure I chew my corn really well and it still always comes out whole, I check!" sometimes I wonder about my mothers life choices.

anyhow, congrats on the whole project thing. I can't wait until warmer weather so I can get started on the gardening and woodwork - somehow using wood varnish or a sander indoors doesn't appeal to me at all!