Thursday, July 25, 2002


Call display. The double edge sword.

If I was smart I would be doing bookwork right now. And I had every intention of starting tonight when �he� called. �He� is my boss.

Every time the phone rings and I look at that little grey box and see �his� name, I cringe inwardly. Do I answer it and take the crap he is dishing out or pretend I am not home and take the crap in the morning?

One of two tings could happen.

1. he gets over it. (ya like I have a hope in hell that that will happen)

or

2. the fact that he can�t vent on me will cause his irritation to escalate, until he feels the need to �discuss� his displeasure with me.

Discussing� his displeasure is a polite way of saying he tears a fucking strip off me. Letting me know that he thinks I am a complete incompetent because I can�t reach through the phone, answer it on the other end, rifle through someone's pockets and get him the money that is owed to him.

There is a third scenario. This one is totally in my head, you understand, because there are two chances that this might happen. Slim and none.

Dream Sequence:

�Hi, I just called to let you know that you are doing a great job and I appreciate all your efforts. Why don�t you take the rest of the week off?�

SNAP OUT OF IT!

File that one away with the �what to do when I win the lottery� fantasy.

I will do ya one better. If I win the lottery, I will pay someone to go to work and quit for me.

No comments: