Tuesday, July 2, 2002


Beam me up, Scottie! There is no intelligent life here.

Last night I watched a movie called Trekkies, not a movie so much as a documentary. All I can say is, you can love Star Trek, collect the action figures, go to the conventions. But when you dress up as a Klingon and refuse to speak English, please don't expect me to think of you as anything other than a complete nut bar.

Some of those people are completely off their nut. There was a dentist that has his office decked out like the Enterprise, with all the employees in uniform.

But the queen of all nut bars? A woman who was actually on the Whitewater jury, that wore her Starfleet uniform to court. I kid you not, she also sets up booths at the Star Trek conventions to recruit people into the Starfleet Alliance. (How the hell did this crayon get past jury selection?) Isn't that the 41st amendment? Right to be a space cadet?

God bless America, she's always good for a laugh.

No comments: