Friday, May 13, 2005

Floating. Sounds better than it is.


I am on a new shift now, the evil geniuses at the Undisclosed Customer Service Center? have shaken up the whole shift preferencing thing so much so no one knows if they are getting screwed or not. There are some crazy shifts, different start times, different days off. Crazy for the people with kids.

Speaking of which, the boy is starting to think that maybe living with the father is not such a good idea. He is here 3 or 4 times a week. And its not as though they have really made him feel welcome, they haven't let him decorate the tiny room they gave him, won't let him have cable in the room, hell, they haven't even given him a key to the house. Took him home the other night and the door was locked. This was after I had called to tell them I was bringing him home after the movies. The good news is that my sister has basically moved in with the boyfriend, so his room is available. We will see how long he can hold out.

My new shift is 5pm - 1am 'floating' days off. Sounds like fun, don't it? Not so far. Can't really plan anything too far in advance, and that includes vacations. I never know from week to week what days off I have. It's always a surprise!(one way to look at it)But I guess I can't complain, at least I have a job, for now.

I think I might apply for a TM position on the new project, but there is no way I am going frontline for less pay. They don't pay me enough now to talk to these crayons, I don't want to have to talk to sick crayons.

No comments: