Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Everything bad is my fault. The father gets credit for everything else.


The boy has been talking about a school trip to PEI for a week now. I really wanted everything to go as he planned. I even sat on my last 20 bucks in case his father didn't come through. Well yesterday, the principal calls me, the boy has not passed in his permission slip, he has been carrying it around for a week. JEEZ! That gets straightened out. The bus left at 7am this morning, they have to catch the ferry at 8am. You may now direct your eyes to the time stamp.

6:51AM - I am in a dream and I hear a siren. It's getting closer, I wake up just as the boy is crashing through my door. "AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH" He is running in spot. "MOM!!!! YOU DIDN'T WAKE ME UP, IT'S 8 O'CLOCK!!!! I MISSED THE BUS!!! WHY DIDN'T YOU WAKE ME UP?"

"HOLD IT RIGHT THERE! You had the alarm, you did not wake you up."

He has now thrown himself down on the floor beside my bed, he is still screaming. Of course this is my fault.

I am awake now, it is NOT 8 it is 6:52am. I pick up the phone and call the school. The bus has not left. I grab the boy and throw clothes at him, "GET DRESSED" I throw his carefully chosen lunch into his bag and a pair of shorts in after it, and throw all into the car. I feed him Lysterine pocket packs all the way there, for the monster breath. We pull up in front of the school at 6:55am. It's like a drive-by shooting, I barely stop and he is out the door.

I am woman, hear me roar!

No comments: