Tuesday, March 18, 2003


UPDATE TIME!

I haven�t posted in a while so here is the wrap up.

The bride�s f-ing dog is gone. It refused to shit anywhere but in the house. Here I was like a nut at 3am outside in the snow walking this fuckin� shit machine for an hour and it would do absolutely nothing. The second I get it back inside it shit on the floor. The second night I just let it out of the cage in the middle of the night and said �fill your boots dog, we�ll just eliminate the middle man�. After 2 days, all it did was make me want a cat. He was cute alright, but it got old really fast.

Still no job. I am really getting shack wacky. I have to say that you find out who your real friends are when you are hit with hard times. If it wasn�t for Kimmy, I don�t know what I would do. She is a pushy broad, and I love her. She calls me to take her for groceries (she doesn�t have a license) and says to me, �Do you need anything? Fuck that, (not waiting for an answer) your getting groceries too.�

I had to take my mother for a colonoscopy (don�t ask) today. Long story short, they couldn�t do it and she has to go back in a couple of weeks to try again. I wanted my sister to be there this time. You see after my mother has one of these procedures and is in recovery, she looks like she has been hit by a truck. I figured that my sister needed to see this. Slap her into reality. �Hello, your mother is 75, she has Parkinson's disease, high blood pressure, thyroid disease, etc, etc. GO VISIT HER!� My sister keeps saying that when my mother goes, she gets the china and her wedding ring. Well, I informed her that if she didn�t show up for the procedure she could pound sand. After my mother is gone, I will be the one deciding who gets what and depending on my mood she just might get the china. She showed up, but she was late and since the procedure was cancelled, she missed us. It�s the thought that counts I guess.

I am really into the whole �reality tv� thing. I am truly a junkie. My current favourite is of course Survivor. But I absolutely can�t miss an episode of The Family. This show pits family members, in this case an Italian family from New York, against each other for a million dollar trust. They are set up in a mansion where, every week, two of the members are put up for elimination by the �secret board of trustees�. What these people don�t know is that this board is made up of the servants. You know, the people you don�t pay any attention to. Makes for hilarious tv.

If its reality based, I watch it. Except for Bachelor and Bachelorette, I just think that�s sad. Oh, and Married by America, that�s just stupid. I think the success of some reality based programs are opening the door to a lot of crap.

What are your favourites? And don�t lie, I know you watch them.

No comments: