Sunday, February 24, 2008

Scraping the bottom.

I always look forward to the performances of the best song nominations.

The nominations for Achievement in Music Written for Motion Pictures (Original Song)are:

"Happy Working Song" Enchanted
"Falling Slowly" Once
"That's How You Know" Enchanted
"Raise It Up" August Rush
"So Close" Enchanted

What can I say. Not even Disney could come up with a song I can even remember 5 seconds after it was over. Even though all through the songs I was wishing they were. Over, that is. Except perhaps "So Close".

They weren't so much bad, as they were forgettable. Certainly no 'My Heart Will Go On' or Schindler's List Theme so I just couldn't be bothered including a clip or link. You can search on uTube if you like. But I can't bring myself to listen to them again.

Ok, I might was well include a link, since I have nothing to do while I wait for the obligatory dead-guy montage. (How much you wanna bet Heath Ledger gets the end credit?)

And the winner is?

"Falling Slowly" Once

Myeh.

(Oh, and you would have lost that bet.) Predictable.

No comments: