Saturday, January 4, 2003


Big Fuckin� Deal!

It�s 2003�...so what? Frankly I think new year celebrations are a bit of a let down, so I avoid them. Another year, big fuckin� deal. All it means is that now you have to start paying for all the things you couldn�t afford to buy during Christmas on top of all your regular bills. And chances are your children or significant others are not the least bit grateful.

Perhaps my foul mood has everything something to do with my boss. The first day back to work after a week off he starts yelling at me. I think he made it a whole nine and a half minutes (a personal record) before he started in on me. This wouldn�t have bothered me so much if it had been tempered with the customary Christmas bonus that most people expect and in fact most people in our company got, except for me, oh and Richard but he hasn�t been full time for very long. (but he should have gotten anyway)

I have been working at this particular company for almost 7 years, and a guy that only started in May got a bonus but not me. And that guy wasn�t actually given his bonus, he ran across an envelope with his name on it laying on the counter amongst some other papers and he opened it and it was his bonus. The boss doesn�t even know he has it yet. You can just imagine the morale of the employees.

Now, it appears that the boss wants to have a sit down with all the employees to discuss the problems we are having in the company. I wonder if he has any inkling that �he� is in fact the root of all problems in the company.

He badgers and berates everyone, no one can do anything right. He complains that we are not taking initiative, that we need him to make any small decision but when we do make a decision on our own he berates us for making the wrong one. Its like when you take out a garbage bag from the package, no matter what end you try and open first, its always the wrong end, even if you second guess yourself and go for the end you didn�t intend to at first. You can not win with this guy. He talks to you like you are a complete and utter moron, and if by some miracle you can �prove� that the wrong decision was made by him, then the reason he made the wrong decision is because somehow you must have given him the wrong information. No one has any desire anymore to go the extra mile for the company because it gets them nowhere, so why should they bother.

He has everyone so stressed out that we are making more mistakes. I even ended up in hospital last year because of stress migraines which at first the doctors thought I had had a stroke. I was forced to take a week off. Even when he is in a good mood you can�t relax because you never know what will make him turn on you. My first day back it was three letters that made him flip. I misspoke, I said �FHP� instead of �manufacturer�, simple as that. Everyone walks on eggshells around him. It will end badly. I could go on forever but I am depressing myself.

So, how was your holiday?

No comments: