Sunday, May 19, 2002

The hills are alive........with the scent of Pine Sol.

I just finished cleaning my house. If you knew me, this would be cause for concern.

"Is she sick? Is she dying? Am I dying? What have you heard?"

I am a slob. I love being a slob. Ok, its not so much that I love being a slob as it is my love of inactivity.

Don't get me wrong, I like the house when its clean, but I don't feel the need to do it myself. I usually get someone else to do it for me. But once in a very long while, when the house is quiet, like now, I get started and can't stop. It is a satisfying feeling, but not as satisfying as watching someone else do it. Or better still, coming home from work and its already done.

I guess I got inspired when the girl came to do the dishes. She moped the floor and the house was filled with the scent of Pine Sol. Something about that scent makes you want to keep it going as long as possible. Maybe that is why it is that scent, a conspiracy, like the tobacco companies, make the scent addictive so people will keep buying it. I don't know, might be taking it a bit far, it never seems to affect me for too long. I guess I am more addicted to having someone else do it for me.

I might someday kick the smoking habit, but I will never get rid of my addiction to inactivity.

No comments: