Thursday, March 21, 2002

All that snow......and nothing to smother with it.

We had a snow day today. We get a lot of snow days in Canada. I am so sick to death of snow. I was complaining about it while playing cards today, (since I couldn't watch the satalite dish because of the snow), and someone from North Carolina said "oh snow...I would love to see that!"

What people don't realize is you don't just see the snow...you have to shovel it, and walk through it, drive through it, scrape it off your windshield, plow it out of the way, salt it and on and on and on. Snow is pretty to look at....but it gets old really really fast. In fact it can get downright depressing, day after day of shoveling and freezing your ass off in the car till the heater finally kicks in (usually seconds before you reach your destination). Unless you are a skier, there is no use for it that I can see. I keep searching for a place that has only fall or spring...but the world isn't built that way.

I thought we were finally done with the snow.

We had a week of mild weather and all of it melted...but this morning I wake up to huge quarter size fluffy flakes falling down. It was beautiful, for about a minute till I got out in it and fell on my ass on the way to clean all that shit off my car so I could go to work. I picked my self off the ground, took one last look at my car and said "Fuck it", schools are cancelled, that's good enough for me, I am taking a snow day.

No comments: