Saturday, May 21, 2011

Are you getting tired of hearing it?

I just realized how many posts start 'I haven't been blogging in a while' and I feel ya...its starting to annoy me too.

So, how goes it in butt-fuck-nowhere Nova Scotia? It goes better now that I have my car back from The Boy. His piece-of-shit Focus has been out of commission for more than a year and it is finally drivable.

I know that we should have given up on that thing a long time ago but after you spend so much money...well you have to know when to quit, but we didn't. After a couple of grand, I wanted it fixed just on principle so I could 'drive' it off a fucking cliff.
It was just one thing after another and in retrospect, we could have saved money if we had just replaced the motor. Oh well...what's done is done.

I am mobile now, even though I really don't go anywhere and now that I am not smoking I actually have money to spend. A couple of times I actually forgot it was payday. You don't realize how much money you spend on cancer sticks til you quit. I actually have money left over at the end of the month instead of the other way around.

If you are thinking at all about quitting smoking, think about it. Or email me...I will hook ya up.

2 comments:

1 said...

congrats on the car, you dont know how good you have it! (even if you dont like it, its still a freaking car haha.) i desperatly need one, but im not old enough to get a stable job to pay for gas, insurance etc (17 years old and i got nothing saved, ugh.) hell if i had a car of my own id drive out of this shithole and never look back lol.

James Theriot said...

Congrats on the car also. I am not surpised you haven't killed anyone being smoke free. I would be in the big pokey for murder if I quit.

I just ran across your blog....I like it!