Tuesday, May 2, 2006

It has been how long?


Does anyone outside New York realize that nothing is happening at Ground Zero.

WTF? It has been 5 years. Basically all they have done so far is cart away the debris.

I just got finished watching Penn & Teller: Bullshit. They were talking about the bullshit surrounding the rebuilding of the 9/11 site. I was shocked. If you haven't seen the program, you should try and catch it.

The Lower Manhattan Development Corporation, headed by Governor George E. Pataki, has dropped the ball more than once on this project.

Remember the competition to design the new structure? The unveiling was impressive. One small problem. The structure was not structurally sound. Couldn't be done.

So they brought in another architect to work with the winner to make it less of a deathtrap. Yeah, they unveiled that too....nice, except they didn't bother to consult anyone on safety. The cops tell them it is too close to the road and anyone with an 18 wheeler could mosey on by and blow it to smithereens.

And then there is the memorial part of the 'park'. Throughout it all they don't bother to consult the families of the people who actually died there. Their brilliant plan puts the memorial underground. Nice, two gaping holes filled with water and the memorial under it. Just what they would want, to be buried....again.

The LMDC has a webcam setup so you can see the progress. I don't think they really thought this through. If you look at the last 30 days, all the pictures are identical. There is nothing going on, it is abandoned.

What the hell is this Pataki guy doing in charge of this project? He's a politician, has he ever built anything in his life bigger than a sand castle? I say, call the Donald, get the old plans for the twin towers, beef up the security and voila, he could have it up in a couple of months.

If I was an American, I would be completely appalled at this. Hell, I am Canadian, and I am appalled.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm an American and there is really no limit to the things about this country that I find appalling.

Anonymous said...

another great american project.

I agree.. send in "The Donald"!!