Monday, June 20, 2005

Times they are a changing.


There may be another opportunity for change at the Undisclosed Customer Service Center�. Seems they are thinking of having a shitf of technical routers in the center. Not tech support but more than customer service, somewhere in the middle. And I want it so bad I can taste it.

The shift would be Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays 11pm to 12 noon AST. That's it, three days on, four days off. This shift has two things goig for it, the fact that there is 4 days off and that it would be back shift.

Meaning, it would be dead. At 11pm AST it is 7pm PST, 8pm MST, 9pm CST and 10pm EST. That means even in California people are saying, "Fuck this I ain't doing this much overtime." and going the fuck home. Only the real loser techs would be calling me. Those who couldn't talk their way out of it. So, it would be like the old days in pro, where we took 5 calls all night, and sat around playing cards. I want it.

Did I mention I wanted it?

And another thing...


"Thank you for calling the Undisclosed Customer Service Center� my name is blah blah blah..."

"Hi this is Aboo-daboo from activation. This man has oem software and a volume license key."

"Ok, did you tell him that would not work?"

"No, can I bring in the customer?"
What? You don't want to tell him so I have to? WTF?

"Whatever, just bring him in." I don't feel like arguing with you since I can bearly tell what the fuck you are saying.

ME:"Hey Brian, how you doing?"
CUSTOMER:"Fine and yourself?"
ME: "Not bad, Aboo-daboo said you were having problems with activation?"
CUSTOMER: "I think so, but I couldn't understand her, not sure what she was telling me."
ME: "OK, let me clear it up. You have OEM media and you are trying to install it using a volume license key."
CUSTOMER: "Yes"
ME: "These are your options. Get an OEM key from your vendor, or volume media to use with your volume keys."
CUSTOMER: "Why is that?"
ME: "Well, right now it is like you are trying to start your car......with your cat."
CUSTOMER: he is laughing hysterically."That made more sense than what she said."
ME: ME: "It's a gift. Thanks for calling, have a nice day."

I love my job.

No comments: