Thursday, February 3, 2005

And then there was one.


We have a new member of the family, Milo.



He is the only cat I have now. As I was packing up to move out of the fated rent-to-be-fucked house Luci was hit by a car. She walked home on 3 legs. I took her to the vet (on a Sunday and holiday, $$ CHA CHING $$) and after a couple days of observation they said to me, "We will have to amputate the leg." Then the vet says something to me that I can't believe he did with a strait face, he used the words 'cat' and '$265' in the same sentence.

I am sorry. Fluffy may be cute and you may love Fluffy, but Fluffy is NOT getting a liver transplant. I had to have her put down. It was sad, but she obviously could not get out of the way of a car with 4 good legs, not sure what the vet intended her to do with 3.

Anyway, the Famous Oscar (remember the man cat who gave birth?) is also no longer with us. He had been staying at my brother's while I was looking for a new place and seems to have 'ran away'. We are sticking with that story anyway. The boy was very upset, so my sister gifted him with Milo for Christmas.



This cat is, for lack of a better word, nuts! He will jump at anything, throwing himself up against the wall. He refuses to leave the kitty litter in the box, choosing to kick most of it out before doing his business. Adele fixed his wagon and bought me a box with sides on it, he is very upset with it. He will walk up to you, very nonchalant, and just bite your leg and walk away. He refuses to let me take a bath alone, even after falling in a couple times he insists on sitting on the side of the tub and I have the shredded arm to prove it. He never met a lighter he didn't like to bat around the kitchen floor at 4 in the morning, his preferred play/flip out time. He is truly nuts!

Well here are the pics of the new place I promised you. It is very cozy, with slanted walls and cheesy wood paneling but I love it.



When it clears up I will take pictures of the deck, very nice.



You can do the 'Wonder Woman' dance in this bathroom, it is huge.





I removed the contact paper that was on the wall behind the sink, fake wood paneling. What was that woman thinking?



Dark paneling and an exposed chimney, kinda cool.

No comments: