Sunday, January 17, 2016

Phone shopping. (aka Dr. Evil accessory shopping)

So, Superstore was a bust. He wanted to bring up my account. "Whoa....don't mess with that account, its grandfathered six ways to Sunday."

Anyway, long story short....too pricey for what they have.

Onward to Staples. They have, like, 5 phones. Girl approaches, I say what is the difference between the Asus ZenFone 2 and the Asus Zenfone 2 Laser. ...She says, "This one has laser?"

I repeated what she said back to her, only with air quotes. She didn't get it. So I said, can I strap it to a shark? Blank stare.

So we put a call in to the geeks in the dungeon. After 10 or 15 minutes, we still can't figure out what the difference is apart from the $100 difference in price.

Dual Sim card slots for both. Neither one of us could figure out what use that would be other than maybe drug dealers can swap out their work sim and still call their mom all on one phone.

So I took the Laser (cheaper of the two) I figure I got 14 days to find out what is so much better than the Laser that costs $100 more.

So, out the door. Phone, sim card (for the extra slot..you know...in case I want to become a drug dealer someday) and a case, under $400 tax in.

Mission accomplished.

No comments: