Sunday, February 2, 2003


You are in Kansas, don�t look so surprised.

Just read a post by Mike Brown (aka cooties), about 7 high school students who were killed in an avalanche, a very sad thing to happen to any family.

My question is this: Why do people ski on mountains that "have" avalanches?

There must be plenty of places that have never had one, and chances are they never will. Or is there some sort of avalanche free mountain shortage. (not sure that last sentence made sense, but you get what I mean)

I suppose it is the same with tornadoes, never understood why anyone would live in a place where tornadoes were commonplace. I mean, every inch of the earth can�t be spoken for already right?

And its always the same people on the news saying, �It tain�t as bad as �96, we lost everthin� in �96 but it was a baddun� What kind of fucking whacked out drug are you taking? (can I get that in Canada?)

Every fucking year you get your house blown away in a tornado, it�s a no brainer. Move for fuck sake. What are you waiting for? That�s why they call it a 'mobile home', back your truck up to it and get the hell out of Dodge.

Don�t get me wrong, I feel bad for the families of the avalanche victims. But I can tell you, if I knew a mountain had had an avalanche, I would avoid it. DUH!

You think it can�t happen to you. However, if the house you are buying is the fifteenth structure that has sat on that foundation, shouldn�t that be a heads up to you? You are pretty much stacking the deck against yourself. Perhaps those ruby slippers are pinching a nerve.

No comments: